Wednesday, December 24, 2008

ITS CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!

Well the time is finally here! It's Christmas eve at last! I love this time of year! And now that I have my son it's more fun than ever!!! I obviously forgot to post something Sunday but we were a little busy.
Things that happened last week:
The daycare christmas pary was Thursday. Everyone came and we all exchange cookies. I made coconut macaroons that were a huge hit at Thanksgiving so I made em again for the party. Santa came and visited the kids. Huge hit as always. The cookies were delicious and I ate one to many. But it was a fun party. Good job Gia!
We started Christmas shopping on Saturday. Yeah I know.... stupid huh! I'm usually more than finished by the last weekend before Christmas but this year money has been a little tight with all the Dr. bills that have rolled in. So we started Saturday and pretty much finished Sunday - ahhh sinners lol.
Sunday was our family Christmas party. Mike planned it and we had an "ugly sweater" theme. Buzz and I headed to Savers Saturday and found our awesome ugly sweaters. Mine looked like it needed immunizations of some kind and buzz looked like the white guy trying to be a native. We even found Hurley an ugly shirt. It was a bright green shirt with a Mickey's Christmas scene on the front and a black hood that had mouse ears on it. Even with an ugly shirt, he was still cute! We played games and voted for the ugliest sweater. Shane won the sweater contest by sporting an awesome Christmas vest decked out with all sorts of Christmas ribbons and sequins. It was great! So we had an awesome night spending time with the fam.
Monday night we went to Grandma Raulstons annual Christmas party. It was very laid back this year. We all sat around the living room eating pizza and talking with each other. Hurley was a hit, as always! We took carmel popcorn to pass out to the family and I would love to take credit for making it, but Gia saved me (I had no time to do it). So thanks G! Everyone loved it!
Last night we took Hurley to see Santa. He didn't know what to think of him. He wasn't scared, just a little confused. The picture fits Hurley's personality perfectly. Let me tell you...that was an experience. I can't remember the last time I stood in line to see Santa and it was weird to think that Ryan and I will be doing it for the next several years. Didn't think of that one lol.
OH YEAH! Hurley rolled over last night!!! It was so cute! He was squirmin and kickin trying to get off his belly. Dad saw he was getting stuck on his arm so he moved it for him and vwahla! He rolled over. It surprised him for a second and then he grinned and grinned cuz he was finally able to come off his belly. Daddy has been trying to work with him on his rolling over and sitting up skills. Looks like it's payin off. Good job Buzz!
Well with it being Christmas - I am so much more than grateful for my little boy in my life. I'm grateful that he is growning up happy and healthy. I love my Husband and all that he does for us. For working in the cold and for doing whatever he has to do to provide for his family. I'm thankful for my parents and my in-laws and all the love that they give to us! I am also thankful for all of my friends (you know who you are). I definitly don't feel like I deserve all that I have for I have truly been blessed!!! Here's wishing you and yours a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: