Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year..... A couple days late



Wow another year has come and gone. Looking back I must say this past year was quite the experience. I remember bringing in '08 (zombified from being prego), thinking "If everything goes well, I'll have a baby next year for Christmas and New Years!" And now that that time is here, it's almost unbelievable. My pregnancy was great. I never got morning sickness and I know that I was lucky. I had an amazingly easy labor and delievery...mostly, thanks to anesthesia.
My summer activities were mostly indoors. The only outdoor activities I would participate in were those that included a pool. Because of this I didn't go fishing with Buzz much like I had the previous year so he and our good friend Rudy became quite the fishermen. A.D.D fishermen at that. I went with them once and it drove those 2 nuts to try to sit in one place for over an hour. But since that was the way I was taught to fish that's the way we fished that day. I'm sure they didn't mind me not going with them. Every fishing trip the 3 of us have taken, I've outfished them both. My favorite time to rub in their face is when we went up to Maple Lake. There was 4 of us - Me, Buzz, Rudy and Aaron (Abbies boyfriend). Between the 3 of them they caught a total of 9 fish. I alone caught 10!!! And I loved EVERY SECOND of it! Now that Rudy has moved onto bigger and better things, I'm glad that we were able to spend the time with him making some awesome memories!
This was the 1st year EVER that I missed our annual Halona Family Reunion. I get so mad at myself for not going but there was nothing I could really do about it. Buzz was working out of town and the timing just wasn't right. I can't wait for this year though. I get to show off the little man!
September was mine and Buzz's 6th wedding anniversary! We've been together almost 7 1/2 years and this was our 8th Christmas together - I don't understand the math either but whatever lol. This Christmas was a little different though. In all the time we have been together, we have never once had Christmas 2 yrs in a row in the same place until this year. Lame accomplishment but at least we feel kinda settled in - for now.
Holidays were great! Having a baby to share it with makes it that much better! My New Years resolutions (besides the infamous "loose weight") are to try and be more positive in life, find ways to helop me keep my house a little cleaner and a little more organized, send out more cards for birthdays and anniversaries and homemade ones at that! And anything else that will help me to be a better example to my son and a better wife, sister, daughter, whatever - just a better person!

No comments: